We fulfill our mission through reliance on valuable and committed volunteers. You help us be successful and we want you to have a gratifying volunteer experience. Our expectation of our volunteers is high because our listeners deserve timely news and information… just the same as you.
Here are a few things you should know before applying. Volunteers must:
- Audition for the position of reader
- Own or have access to recording technology (smart phones, computer, internet, microphone)
- Be comfortable and confident navigating the internet, uploading/downloading files and addressing personal computer issues
- Meet audio submission deadlines on Mountain time zone regardless of location
- Work independently
- Follow directions dependably and precisely
- Notify us of planned absences at least four days in advance
- Notify us as soon as possible when emergencies arise
- Notify us of changes in availability
- Maintain updated contact information with us
- Track and report volunteer hours
- Read and record the printed material without summary, commentary or use of denigrating language.
★Experience as a voice actor or in voice over work a plus!★
We want you to have a happy and successful volunteer experience. Your willingness to comply with the expectations set forth above provides greater assurance that your experience (and ours) will be a gratifying one! We will do our best to train you and work with you to be the best volunteer that you can be. However, chronic failure to meet the above expectations could result in a parting of ways.