You can be a part of AINC’s buddy system
Many wonderful additions are coming to AINC and you can be part of them!
The new Buddy Project will allow select volunteers to work directly with AINC listeners. Buddies can help AINC build a working relationship with listeners through…
- Regular phone calls with listeners (once per month)
- Monitoring the usefulness of our programming by documenting the frequency of listening
- Obtaining feedback through surveys so that meaningful changes to our broadcasts can be made, as needed
Being an AINC Buddy
- As you may know, many of our listeners are aging and sometimes socially isolated. So, “people skills” are a must for all Buddy Project volunteers. You will ask listeners for suggestions about what new programs might be helpful. We hope that these phone conversations will be pleasant, brief, and meaningful, and that listeners will come to look forward to talking to their assigned Buddy.
- Buddy Project volunteers need to be 21 years or older.
- Buddy Project volunteers must be able to successfully complete a background check.
Being an AINC Buddy can make a difference in the lives of our blind/low vision and print disabled listeners. You can help AINC enhance the quality and relevance of our services.
This opportunity will have specific guidelines, and perimeters involved, and accepted candidates will be scheduled for an orientation meeting where questions will be answered, and the volunteer structure will be set.
Or call Kat at 303 786 7777 ext 103